CCTV Monitoring Policy:
The purpose of this policy is to regulate the use of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) to monitor and record on campus for the purposes of safety and security. This policy applies to all personnel and property of the College in the use of CCVT monitoring and recording.
● Campus Safety and Security is committed to enhancing the quality of life of the campus community by integrating the best practices of the campus safety with the state of the art technology. A critical component of a comprehensive security program is the use of CCTV.
● CCTV monitoring is used in public areas by Security and Campus Safety to deter crime and to assist in protecting the college community and property.
● Information obtained via CCTV monitoring will be used exclusively for security and law enforcement purposes. Information obtained by CCTV monitoring will only be released when authorized by both the Governing Body and the Principal of the College.
● CCTV monitoring of public areas for security purposes will be conducted in a manner consistent with existing College policies, including the Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy, and other relevant policies.
● CCTV monitoring of public areas for security purposes at THLH Mahavidyalay is limited to uses that do not violate the reasonable expectation of privacy as defined by the law.
● Images and any related data collected by CCTV are the property of THLH Mahavidyalay.